Grocers are facing challenges ranging from price wars shrinking margins to the increasing demand for fresh and food-to-go offerings to the growth of online grocery accelerated by Amazon’s acquisition of Whole Foods. The result is that the grocery market is increasingly competitive and grocers have to adapt in order to thrive and survive in the face of these challenges.
Based on a recent industry study that surveyed leading North American grocers, we’ll explore how grocery retail executives view today’s grocery market and what key initiatives they’re undertaking in their organizations’ retail and supply chain planning operations to build and sustain a competitive advantage. Key findings include:
- Only 2% of grocers feel helpless because of Amazon’s massive resources while 73% are increasing their focus on operational efficiency.
- 71% of grocers find the market more competitive than ever and believe that omni-channel is now essential.
- 82% cite fresh products as Very Important to their businesses.
- Average spoilage is costing grocers around $70M going up to several hundred million.
- Day-level forecasting and forecast-driven automatic replenishment can significantly reduce spoilage.
The webinar will feature Greg Wilson, VP Field Strategy at RELEX, and Jon Springer, Executive Editor of Grocery Business, will last 45 minutes and end with a live Q&A.