WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1. Information You Provide to Us Directly
FMI may collect different information from or about you depending on the manner in which you use our website. The following examples are provided to help you better understand the information We may collect through your use of the FMI.org website.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We will collect any information you provide to us directly such as the following:
In order to use certain features of the FMI website, such as creating a profile, purchasing a publication, registering for a meeting, or applying for a scholarship, you are required to create an Account, and in that case, we will collect and store any personal information you provided to us, such as first name, last name, company name, company address, phone, fax, e-mail address, payment and billing information, and credit card information.
Information Received Through Third-Party Platforms:
You may access FMI.org through Third- Party Platforms, such as Facebook. If you use our FMI website on or through a Third Party Platform, including via any mobile and/or other Internet connected devices (“Wireless Devices”), or click on third party links, the collection, use, and disclosure of your information and your use of the FMI website will also be subject to the privacy policies and other terms of such third parties or Third Party Platforms. You should review such privacy policies, terms, and other agreements.
2. Information We Collect Through Automated Means
Technical and Usage Data
When you access the FMI website, we collect certain information by automated means. This information may include without limitation: (a) technical information about your computer or Wireless Device, such as Your IP address, device type, operating system type and version, unique device ID, browser, browser language, domain and other systems information, platform types (collectively, “Technical Information”); and (b) usage statistics about your interaction with the FMI website, including pages accessed, time spent on pages, pages visited, search queries, click data, date and time, and other information regarding your use of the FMI website (collectively, “Usage Data”).
Geolocation Information: IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine your approximate location, such as the city, state and/or country associated with an IP address.