By welcoming Product Suppliers, FMI will bring CEO’s, senior executives and future leaders together to create a more fully and vertically integrated organization driven by retail, wholesale and product supplier members that can:
- Develop common positions and solutions on strategic and operational issues affecting the retail, wholesale and consumer goods business, with the primary focus on non-competitive business process improvements;
- Guide the implementation of best practices across the food/consumer goods industry value chain; and
- Establish food/consumer goods industry positions on public policy issues, when desirable.
Retailers, wholesalers, product suppliers and the industry at large will benefit from a:
- Galvanized and harmonized industry that will be able to better serve customers;
- Unified “Voice of the Food Retail Industry;”
- Enhanced trading partner collaboration to achieve greater efficiency and effectiveness across the entire value chain;
- Environment of growth, innovation and agility;
- Leverage of collective industry interests to influence external stakeholders; and
- Create a consensus among progressive companies on industry initiatives in response to changing consumer needs and desires.