Click here to register for this complimentary webinar.
Consumers want fast, fresh and healthy food options at an affordable price, so grocery retailers are providing grab-and-go options that are becoming more varied and sophisticated by the minute. To keep up with the latest trends in the fast-growing perimeter department, join IRI and FMI for the second installment of their Top Trends in Fresh webinar series focusing on “Prepared Foods and Specialty.”
Prepared and specialty foods are stretching far beyond the deli counter for many grocery stores. Offerings now often include extensive soup and salad bars, sushi bars, olive bars and more. And some grocery retailers are even going so far as to offer their own restaurant experience right in the store. With almost $11 billion in annual sales, prepared and specialty foods are growing at a whopping 9.7 percent a year and are poised for rapid growth in the future.
Don’t miss out on this free webinar, where you’ll learn:
• Which areas of prepared foods are growing the fastest and why they are growing
• Different methods that retailers are using and how these tactics accelerate sales in different areas
• How retailers are reinventing perimeter departments using the specialty approach and creating dominant brands
• Why IRI believes that future growth will continue in this area
• The value of driving marketing and merchandising efforts to fully leverage this trend and how it impacts businesses
Chris DuBois, senior principal, IRI; and Rick Stein, vice president of fresh foods, Food Marketing Institute
Industry Topics address your specific area of expertise with resources, reports, events and more.
Our Research covers consumer behavior and retail operation benchmarks so you can make informed business decisions.
Events and Education including online and in-person help you advance your food retail career.
Food Safety training, resources and guidance that help you create a company food safety culture.
Government Affairs work — federal and state — on the latest food industry policy, regulatory and legislative issues.
Get Involved. From industry awards to newsletters and committees, these resources help you take advantage of your membership.
Best practices, guidance documents, infographics, signage and more for the food industry on the COVID-19 pandemic.