ORLANDO, FL – FMI -The Food Industry Association at the Midwinter Executive Conference today announces its 2022 Board of Directors. To maintain continuity and resolve during this uncertain time in the food industry, Randy Edeker, president and CEO of Hy-Vee, Inc. will continue to serve as Chairman of FMI’s Board of Directors and joins other officers extending their terms for an additional year. In addition, FMI welcomes new product suppliers and retailers to serve on the Board that represent our expansive food industry supply chain.
“I am grateful to our Board officers for their generosity with their time and counsel as we continue to navigate this challenging environment in our nation’s history together,” FMI President and CEO Leslie G. Sarasin said. ”I’m emboldened by these leaders and enthusiastic for the opportunity to add new perspectives and expertise as we serve with one powerful voice to elevate the food industry’s stature and relevance.”
Officers Extending Their Terms (1-year term)
- Chairman, Randy Edeker, Hy-Vee, Inc., West Des Moines, IA
- President and CEO, Leslie Sarasin, FMI, Arlington, VA
- Immediate Past Chairman, Joseph Sheridan, Wakefern Food Corporation, Keasbey, NJ
- Vice Chairman, Wholesaler: Brandon Barnholt, KeHE Distributors, Naperville, IL
- Vice Chairman, Finance: Brian George, Alex Lee, Inc., Hickory, NC
- Vice Chairman, Communications: Jerry Golub, Northeast Grocery, Inc., Schenectady, NY
- Vice Chairman, Industry Relations: Kevin Holt, Ahold Delhaize USA, Quincy, MA
- Vice Chairman, Public Affairs: Laura Shapira Karet, Giant Eagle, Inc., Pittsburgh, PA
- Vice Chairman, Food Safety: Susan Morris, Albertsons Companies, Boise, ID
- Vice Chairman, Member Services: Michael Needler, Jr., Fresh Encounter, Inc., Findlay, OH
- Vice Chairman, Product Supplier: Steve Presley, Nestlé USA, Inc., Arlington, VA
- Vice Chairman, Independent Operators: Lauri Youngquist, Knowlan's Super Markets, Inc., St. Paul, MN
New Directors (3-year term)
- Stuart Aitken, The Kroger Co., Cincinnati, OH
- John Alston, Brookshire Brothers, Inc., Lufkin, TX
- Robert Baesler, Baesler's Market, Terre Haute, IN
- Edward Basha III, Bashas’ Inc., Chandler, AZ
- Leon Bergmann, Save-A-Lot, Ltd., St. Ann, MO
- Brad Brookshire, Brookshire Grocery Company, Tyler, TX
- Joseph Colalillo, ShopRite of Hunterdon County, Inc., Flemington, NJ
- Reynolds Cramer, Fareway Stores, Inc., Boone, IA
- John Derderian, Allegiance Retail Services, LLC (Foodtown), Iselin, NJ
- Rudy Dory, Newport Avenue Market, Bend, OR
- Ron Edenfield, Wayfield Foods, Inc., Lithia Springs, GA
- Wesley Eubanks, The Pictsweet Company, Bells, TN
- Lou Fisher, Main Street Supermarket Corp., Millville, NJ
- Don Fitzgerald, Dom’s Kitchen and Market, Chicago, IL
- Greg Gregerson, Gregerson's Foods, Inc., Gadsden, AL
- Thomas Heinen, Heinen's Grocery Stores, Cleveland, OH
- Chieh Huang, Boxed Wholesale, New York, NY
- Anthony Hucker, Southeastern Grocers, Inc., Jacksonville, FL
- Robert Ingle II, Ingles Markets, Inc., Black Mountain, NC
- Darrell Jones, Pattison Food Group, Langley, BC, Canada
- Omar Jorge Peña, Compare Foods Supermarkets, Charlotte, NC
- Neil Kudrinko, Kudrinko’s Ltd., Westport, ON, Canada
- Brandt Louie, Georgia Main Food Group Limited, Richmond, BC, Canada
- Tres Lund, Lund Food Holdings, Inc., Edina, MN
- Rob McDougall, Gelson’s Markets, Encino, CA
- Hendrik Meijer, Meijer, Inc., Grand Rapids, MI,
- Steve Oakland, TreeHouse Foods, Inc., Oak Brook, IL
- Richard Riesbeck, Riesbeck Food Markets, Inc., St. Clairsville, OH
- Todd Schnuck, Schnuck Markets, Inc., St. Louis, MO
- Jack Shakoor, Jack’s Super Foodtown, Caldwell, NJ
- Mark Skogen, Festival Foods, De Pere, WI
- Michael Sleeper, Imperial Distributors, Inc., Worcester, MA
- Colleen Wegman, Wegmans Food Markets, Inc., Rochester, NY
- Jonathan Weis, Weis Markets, Inc., Sunbury, PA
- Steven Williams, PepsiCo, Inc., Plano, TX
- Rick Wright, Market of Choice, Inc., Eugene, OR
Newest Product Supplier Directors (3-year term)
- Twyla Bailey, Mondelēz International, East Hanover, NJ
- Oli Morton, Kellogg Company, Battle Creek, MI
- Susanne Wasson, Corteva Agriscience, Johnston, IA
New Chairman’s Appointees (1-year term)
- Chris Boever, The Hain Celestial Group Inc., Tampa, FL
- Tim Figge, Hussmann Corporation, Bridgeton, MO
- John Ross, IGA, INC., Chicago, IL
- Randy Skoda, Topco Associates LLC, Elk Grove Village, IL
The purpose of the FMI Board of Directors is to:
- Promote and carry out the objectives and purposes of FMI.
- Represent the total and varied membership of FMI.
- Establish major policies for FMI.
- Demonstrate a model of an active, participative and sharing membership.
- Appoint the president.
- Provide industry leadership.
A full member listing of FMI’s Board leadership can be found at www.fmi.org/about-us/leadership.
To review FMI’s 2021 accomplishments, visit www.FMI.org/YearInReview.