Bakery combines functional needs with emotional wants like few other departments in the store. While many consumers shop both the aisle and the in-store bakery, they each have very different strengths, according to shoppers. Join Anne-Marie Roerink of 210 Analytics and Todd Hale for a review of the first ever Power of Bakery to learn about:
- Bakery sales and growth opportunities across the store.
- Following the bread crumbs: where do consumers buy functional, indulgent and special occasion items?
- Where lie the strengths and opportunities for the aisle and the in-store bakery, respectively?
- Production: how do shoppers define freshness and how important is baking from scratch?
- Can customer service drive sales, or how about sales specials?
- Lastly, which ingredients and claims are trending and how important is health-and well being when buying functional or indulgent items?
Vice President of Fresh
Food Marketing Institute
210 Analytics, LLC
President & CEO
American Bakery Association
Industry Topics address your specific area of expertise with resources, reports, events and more.
Our Research covers consumer behavior and retail operation benchmarks so you can make informed business decisions.
Events and Education including online and in-person help you advance your food retail career.
Food Safety training, resources and guidance that help you create a company food safety culture.
Government Affairs work — federal and state — on the latest food industry policy, regulatory and legislative issues.
Get Involved. From industry awards to newsletters and committees, these resources help you take advantage of your membership.
Best practices, guidance documents, infographics, signage and more for the food industry on the COVID-19 pandemic.