Bakery combines functional needs with emotional wants like few other departments in the store. While many consumers shop both the aisle and the in-store bakery, they each have very different strengths, according to shoppers. Join Anne-Marie Roerink of 210 Analytics and Todd Hale for a review of the first ever Power of Bakery to learn about:
- Bakery sales and growth opportunities across the store.
- Following the bread crumbs: where do consumers buy functional, indulgent and special occasion items?
- Where lie the strengths and opportunities for the aisle and the in-store bakery, respectively?
- Production: how do shoppers define freshness and how important is baking from scratch?
- Can customer service drive sales, or how about sales specials?
- Lastly, which ingredients and claims are trending and how important is health-and well being when buying functional or indulgent items?
Vice President of Fresh
Food Marketing Institute
210 Analytics, LLC
President & CEO
American Bakery Association