Key Messages for Consumers
We’re celebrating National Family Meals Month™ in September, a nationwide event designed to underscore the benefits of family meals and the role we can play in helping your family share one more meal at home per week.
- We know that juggling jobs, kids and the demands of a busy, modern life often come at the expense of family mealtime at home. As your grocer, we’re your ally—the solution to your mealtime dilemma.
- You can find easy, healthy mealtime solutions in nearly every aisle of the store. Need help? We invest in our associates so they can help you find the mealtime solutions that work best for you and your family.
- 63% of Americans decide what to eat less than an hour before eating. Source: Hartman Group, 2013
- We offer an ever-expanded assortment of products that take the stress out of planning and preparing family meals: pre-prepped fresh ingredients, delicious readymade entrees and wholesome heat and eat dishes, and more.
Researchers and health experts endorse and promote the lifelong benefits of family meals.
- Numerous studies show that home-cooked meals nourish the spirit, brain and health of all family members.
- Regular family meals are linked to the kinds of outcomes that we all want for our children: higher grades and self-esteem, healthier eating habits and less risky behavior.
September, back-to-school season, is the perfect time to commit to sharing one more family meal at home per week.
- With the start of a new school year, renew your commitment to creating and serving meals at home that nourish your kids’ brains and help them flourish for life.
- As you juggle new school routines and fall activities, we invite you to look to us, your grocer, for help. When it comes to making more shared mealtimes happen for your busy family, let us be your ally.
We’re helping your family eat well together to be well together.
- We’re committed to helping you make shared meals at home fun, affordable and healthier.
- We have knowledgeable staff available to help you locate products that meet special diet and nutrition requirements.
Show your commitment to the National Family Meals Movement on social media.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for family meals focused content, including shopping tips and recipes. [insert company social media handles]
- Show your support for National Family Meals Month™ by pledging on social media to Raise Your Mitt to Commit™ to sharing one more family meal at home per week.
- Have fun with the pledge and help us bring national awareness to the benefits of family meals with Raise Your Mitt to Commit™ selfies and the National Family Meals Month™ hashtag #familymealsmonth.
- Share your own family meal experiences, misadventures and solutions with your social channels, and don’t forget to hashtag #familymealsmonth.