- 81% of parents buy items with minimal prep time. FMI Shopping for Health 2013. FMI U.S. Grocery Shopper Trends 2014.
- 63% of Americans decide what to eat less than an hour before eating. The Hartman Group. Eating Occasions Compass 2013.
- Today 42% of men are cooking as compared to 29% in 1965. Smith, L. (2013). Trends in US home food preparation and consumption: analysis of national nutrition surveys and time use studies from 1965-1966 to 2007-2008. Nutrition Journal, 12 (45).
- 57% of people decide what’s for dinner an hour before mealtime. 26% decided earlier that same day. The NPD Group. National Eating Trends® 2012.
- According to a 2013 Harris poll, only 30 percent of American families share dinner every night. Wolfson, J. and Bleich, S. (2014). Is cooking at home associated with better diet quality or weight-loss intention? Public Health Nutrition, Published online 17 November 2014.
- 68% of consumers say dinner is the mealtime most of the people in the household eat together. The Hartman Group. Modern Eating: Cultural Roots, Daily Behaviors 2013.
- 70% of consumers say they usually or always eat the same things when they eat together. The Hartman Group. Modern Eating: Cultural Roots, Daily Behaviors 2013.
See all supporting research