Nutrition Assistance Programs
- FMI has created a feeding assistance toolkit. This toolkit is focused on feeding assistance to support the food industry’s efforts to help address the various and changing needs of today’s grocery shoppers. The toolkit hosts several resources, including meal-time solutions, ideas for ingredient substitutions, information on food banks and how to enroll in and use food assistance programs.
- SAP has partnered with GENYOUth to create SAP4Kids, a simple web interface that connects students and families with food resources near them. Additionally, organizations can easily submit and update information on feeding sites and other resources they provide to students and families. You can find local resources via this link.
- This news release summarizes recent changes and flexibilities put in place to increase access to food to those in need.
- Search by your state to determine recent flexibilities in Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits.
- Search by your state to determine recent flexibilities in The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) benefits.
- States have received more government funding for nutrition assistance. See what your state is doing to improve access.
- This article debunks the myths you have been hearing about changes to WIC and SNAP.
- The USDA alerts the public of potential scams that target SNAP participants.
- Innovative SNAP agencies are piloting an online grocery shopping program.