A FreshForward Conversation
Next Steps for Enhancing
Meat Industry Strategies
Wednesday, March 10, 2021
(2:00 pm EDT / 1:00 pm CDT / 12:00 PM MDT/ 11:00 AM PDT)
This webinar is free to FMI members
and available to non-members for $59
The meat industry has worked hard to address major pandemic-era challenges — on fronts ranging from supply chain to worker safety. Now there’s an opportunity to consider lessons learned and ways to further enhance strategies for the future.
In this webinar, Smithfield executive vice president Joe Weber will be interviewed by Rick Stein, FMI’s Vice-President of Fresh. The discussion will expand on themes from the 2020 FMI FreshForward supply chain sessions.
Among the key points to be made in this webinar:
- There are opportunities to further build capabilities for flexibly switching between retail and foodservice needs.
- The pandemic-era move to SKU simplification may continue for the foreseeable future.
- The industry needs to consider whether to adapt its just-in-time supply chains to be ready for future crisis situations.
- The outlook for employee hiring and retention remains challenging, and the meat industry can develop innovative strategies to overcome these hurdles.
- Government can play a positive role in supporting the industry’s employee safety efforts.
Chief Commodity Hedging Officer
If you need to cancel your registration, please notify the registrar in writing by email to email@example.com. Substitutions can be made at anytime prior to the official webinar date.
Refunds will not be given for inability to attend due to registrant schedule changes. All registered participants receive access to the recording and slides.
FMI has compiled best practices, guidance documents, signage, videos and more to support the food industry.
Click here for FMI's resources.