A FreshForward Conversation
Susan Schwallie of The NPD Group
Wednesday, January 13, 2021
(2:00 pm EDT / 1:00 pm CDT / 12:00 PM MDT/ 11:00 AM PDT)
This webinar is free to FMI members
and available to non-members for $59
Consumers are experiencing pandemic-driven meal fatigue and missing many of their usual restaurant experiences. Retailers have opportunities to fill the gap by enhancing foodservice offerings and creating new types of home-based experiences.
Susan Schwallie, president, Food and Beverage, at The NPD Group, says retailer success with foodservice will be important in the coming months, given the likelihood of ongoing pandemic restrictions on dine-in restaurants. Retailers that meet consumer needs now will be more likely to become go-to foodservice resources in the future.
Schwallie will be interviewed in this webinar by Rick Stein, FMI’s vice president of Fresh. The discussion will expand on a presentation Schwallie delivered during the 2020 FMI FreshForward conference.
Among the key points to be made in this webinar:
- Retailers have the opportunity to build on prepared food offerings by expanding into additional items.
- There’s an opening to replicate high quality cuisine experiences that consumers are missing from full service and independent restaurants.
- Comfort foods and convenience are among the attributes consumers will prioritize.
- Retailers need to leverage digital and ecommerce strategies to improve accessibility and support the customer’s need to make foodservice purchase decisions closer to the time of consumption.
- Innovation goes beyond just food. Retailers can generate completely new experiences for home-based consumers. Creative ideas include “family meal game night bundles” that twin food with prep appliances and ideas for family activities.
President, Food and Beverage
The NPD Group
If you need to cancel your registration, please notify the registrar in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Substitutions can be made at anytime prior to the official webinar date.
Refunds will not be given for inability to attend due to registrant schedule changes. All registered participants receive access to the recording and slides.
FMI has compiled best practices, guidance documents, signage, videos and more to support the food industry.
Click here for FMI's resources.