Key Learnings in Fresh Foods
in the Era of COVID-19
Thursday, April 30, 2020
(2:00 pm EST / 1:00 pm CST / 12:00 PM MST/ 11:00 AM PST)
Register Below – Watch Live or watch ON-DEMAND later
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to drive unprecedented changes within the food landscape. Economic and social challenges are changing consumers’ food shopping, cooking and consumption behavior, and there continues to be wide-reaching impacts on store shelves, supply chains and shopping experiences. The majority of shoppers remain extremely concerned about the coronavirus, and their shopping behaviors continue to reflect those concerns.
The pandemic has also led to a considerable amount of actionable key learnings about foods across the grocery store, especially within the fresh perimeter. As we go forward into a new reality, what can we learn about the pandemic’s impact on fresh foods in the current landscape and the role they will play in the future?
Who should attend? Suppliers and retailers responsible for marketing or category management for any fresh food categories will gain new insights, as will center of store and frozen food suppliers and retailers.
During this webinar, IRI and FMI will share:
- The fresh foods that played a significant role in the early, middle and most recent days of the pandemic
- How baskets are different from pre-COVID-19 behaviors
- How income, household size and locality are impacting what is purchased
- How attitudes towards health and wellness prior to the pandemic shaped consumers’ COVID-19 era buying behavior
- Key learnings for the industry from this unique situation, including the opportunities ahead for retailers and suppliers
Vice President, Fresh Foods
Sally Lyons Wyatt
Executive Vice President and Practice Leader
Principal, Fresh Center of Excellence
FMI has compiled best practices, guidance documents, signage, videos and more to support the food industry.
Click here for FMI's resources.