Store Directors Virtual Group:
An Employee's First 30 Days
Tuesday, July 14, 2020
(1:00 pm ET / 12:00 pm CT / 11:00 AM MT/ 10:00 AM PT)
This webinar is free to FMI members and available to non-members for $59
With the recent growth in the grocery industry, many food retailers are hiring additional workers. What can managers do to increase the effectiveness of new employees and decrease turnover?
This 60-minute webinar will be in three parts.
- The first section will highlight the most popular In-Store Communication idea of the six that were offered during our last Store Directors Virtual Group: In-Store Communication.
- The main section will outline 12 store level best practices used to effectively On-Board a New Employee (Newbie).
These tips should all take place within the employee’s first 30 days. They are cost effective ways to sincerely engage each newly hired employee to increase the likelihood they’ll stay with us longer. Turnover is expensive, in many ways.
This webinar will help you reduce employee turnover which is typically the highest during the employee’s first 30 days.
- The last segment will showcase 10 more simple, yet impactful merchandising and operational ideas from great stores all around North America. There will surely be a few ‘gems’ among the 10 for store managers to ‘mine’ to improve their operations and/or merchandising.
Store managers and their department managers should attend in order to:
- Cultivate 12 store-level best practices to onboard new employees
- Implement cost effective ways to sincerely engage each newly hired employee
- Reduce employee turnover
Harold C. Lloyd
Harold is a graduate of the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and holds an MBA with honors from the University of Chicago. He has been the president of a company with 1000 employees and 14 stores and was a franchisee of a 3-unit, award-winning family restaurant group.
For the last 34 years, Harold has been the featured speaker at the food industry’s most popular events. He has created 30 top rated seminars and written 4 books. He has also created and currently facilitates nine industry related share groups.
Harold is a proud father of 3 and grandfather of 2 and lives in Virginia Beach, VA with his wife, Deanna.
Harold says, “I’d rather see the audience taking notes than to hear their applause.” This remark speaks to his intense desire to make a meaningful connection with his audience, which is his ultimate objective.
Hosted by FMI and industry specialist Harold Lloyd, these interactive virtual meetings will help to equip store directors with invaluable insights and tools to make their roles easier and more effective.
This is the third in a series of interactive meetings for Store Management (especially new store directors) that takes place quarterly on the first Tuesday of the month beginning March 3.
The first webinar was free and is available on-demand to both FMI Members and Non-Members. This and subsequent webinars will continue to be free to FMI Members and available for a fee for Non-FMI Members.
Should you wish to join FMI to take advantage of our superb webinar offerings, please contact the Membership Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FMI has compiled best practices, guidance documents, signage, videos and more to support the food industry.
Click here for FMI's resources.