We care about the health of you and your family! That’s why we are celebrating National Family Meals Month™ in September, a nationwide event designed to share the benefits of family meals on the health of children and adults alike.
- We know that juggling jobs, kids, and the demands of a busy, modern life often come at the expense of family mealtime at home. That’s why we are your ally for connecting you to information that will provide easy solutions to your mealtime
- We are invested in connecting you with the solutions that work best for you and your family.
We’re helping your family eat well and be well together.
- We’re committed to helping connect you to tools that make shared meals at home fun, affordable and healthier.
- We have the recipes and resources you need to address your health concerns and partnerships with grocers to help you locate those items in-store.
Did you know that 63% of Americans decide what to eat less than an hour before eating? (SOURCE: HARTMAN GROUP, 2013)
- We offer an ever-expanding toolbox of simple, time-efficient, healthy, and tasty recipes that take the stress out of planning and preparing family meals, utilizing pre-prepped fresh ingredients, frozen, and canned foods for ease of preparation.
Our resources will also point you to delicious ready-made entrees, wholesome heat and eat dishes, and other quick and easy options.
Researchers and health experts endorse and promote the lifelong benefits of family meals.
- Numerous studies show that home-cooked meals nourish the spirit, brain, and health of all family members.
- Family meals have been shown to have a positive impact on the nutrition status, health, and well-being of the entire family.
- Regular family meals are linked to the kinds of outcomes that we want for our children: higher grades and self-esteem, healthier eating habits and less risky behavior.
September, back-to-school season, is the perfect time to commit to sharing one more family meal at home per week.
- With the start of a new school year, renew your commitment to creating and serving meals at home that nourish your kids’ bodies, brains, and help them flourish for life. And it’s the perfect time to learn how things are going for your
kids at school at the outset of the new school year.
- As you juggle new school routines and fall activities, we invite you to rely on our organization for support. When it comes to making more shared mealtimes happen for your busy family, let us be your ally.
You and your family are an important face of the National Family Meals Month™ movement! Engage with us and show your commitment to more meals together on social media.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for family meals focused content, including shopping tips, and recipes.
- Show your support for National Family Meals Month™ by pledging on social media to Raise Your Mitt to Commit to sharing one more family meal at home per week.
- Have fun with the pledge and help us bring national awareness to the benefits of family meals with Raise Your Mitt to Commit selfies and the National Family Meals Month™ hashtag #familymealsmonth.
- Share your own family meal experiences, misadventures, and solutions with your social channels and don’t forget to hashtag #familymealsmonth.