Fresh departments have opportunities to meet consumers’ increased demands for health and well-being solutions. Those needs advanced during the pandemic and the new perspectives are expected to endure. Fresh foods is in the sweet spot as retailers experiment with new strategies.
The latest FreshForward Conversations episode addresses this topic with the following points:
- How supermarkets and fresh departments can embrace Food as Medicine programs that leverage the expertise of retail dietitians.
- How retailers can inspire consumers to keep returning for new meal ideas grounded in fresh foods and health and well-being strategies.
- Key ways that fresh departments can provide touchpoints across platforms for innovative nutrition programming and education.
- How collaboration across store departments, testing and evaluation can accelerate health and well-being programs in food retail.
The health and well-being in fresh topic will be further addressed at FMI’s signature FreshForward Conference, to be held August 16 to 18 in Denver, CO.
- Rick Stein, Vice President of Fresh, FMI
- Krystal Register, Senior Director, Health and Well-being, FMI
Want more fresh foods insights? Subscribe to the FreshForward Conversation Series.
- Fresh Foods
- Health & Well-being