Shoppers have higher expectations for transparency when shopping online compared to in-store, according to a new study from FMI and Label Insight. Transparency Trends: Omnichannel Grocery Shopping from the Consumer Perspective, a follow-up to a 2018 report from FMI and Label Insight, found that transparency is important to omnichannel shoppers when shopping online.
Survey respondents were presented with a definition of what it means for a brand or manufacturer to be transparent – to provide detailed information, such as what is in their food and how it is made. The report found that 81% of omnichannel shoppers — those who buy both online and in-store —say transparency is important to them. Join us as we explore key learnings from this new research and their implications for the food industry. Participants should attend this webinar in order to:
- Determine what aspects of transparency are most important to omnichannel grocery shoppers.
- Understand how shopper’s transparency expectation differ when shopping online as compared to when in-store.
- Evaluate who shoppers see as being responsible for transparency and who they trust when it comes to transparency.
- Explore what omnichannel shoppers perceive to be the advantages and disadvantages of online and in-store shopping.
Recording | Presentation
- Consumer Behavior & Trends
- Corporate and Social Responsibility